This Privacy Statement tells you how we use information that we collect about you through this Distalmotion website operated by Distalmotion SA, Route de la Corniche 3B, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland. This Privacy Statement does not apply to situations where we have notified you that an alternative privacy statement applies.
We intend to deal with your information in a manner that is fair and in line with your expectations and encourage you to read and consider the information provided in this Privacy Statement to confirm that is the case.
Basically, you are not obliged to provide us with your personal data, but then some functionalities of this website may be limited.
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when visiting our website. We collect and use non-personal information (information that does not identify you personally) differently to your personal information.
Personal information is information that can specifically identify you, such as your:
– first and last name
– address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact information
– social media username or profile
– interests and qualifications
– IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated with a specific user
– the type of web browser software you use (for example, Internet Explorer)
– the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
– the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website
– the date and time you access our website
– which pages you have visited on our website
– the search terms you use
– the links on which you click
We collect personal information about our users in two ways:
1. when you enter personal information on certain pages of the website. For example, you may fill out a registration form for a particular service, participate in a survey, or complete a contact form.
2. using automated means, specifically through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
We may use the information that you have shared with us through this website (other than sensitive information, which is discussed separately below) for the following purposes:
– to respond to your requests
– to provide the services or information you request
– to manage our relationship with you and facilitate any necessary follow up (e.g. by storing relevant information and preferences for a reasonable amount of time)
– to enter into, or perform a contract with you (e.g. in case you wish to order products or services from us)
– to enable you to participate in our online communities, including social media and blogs
– to contact you with information that might be of interest to you – see further the Marketing and Education section below
– In other ways to which you consent
We are always looking for ways to better serve you and improve our products, services and website experience. We will use information from you to make this website more useful to visitors. We may also use your information for other business purposes. For example, we may also use aggregate information or aggregate information to:
– create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content
– adapt or improve the information or services provided
– share or sell information to third parties
– provide information on how our site is used, such as “traffic statistics” and “response rates” to third parties
Distalmotion has legal grounds to use your personal information:
– Distalmotion may use your personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following legitimate interests, so long as compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy (art. 6 lit. f GDPR):
– for analytical purposes in order to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and content
– to anonymize your information by removing any personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc.) so that it may be used for other purposes. In this case, the anonymized information would no longer identify you and may be treated like other non-personal information. For more details please see the relevant section below.
– to enforce this Privacy Statement and other rules about your use of this website
– to protect our rights or property
Distalmotion also has legal grounds to use your personal information:
– as necessary to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare; and
– in order to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
– as necessary to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare (art. 6 (d) GDPR);
– in order to comply with a legal obligation (art. 6 (c) GDPR);
– Where required by law, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data for a particular purpose (art. 6 (a) GDPR). For example, where the law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them.
We use the online service MailChimp to send our newsletters. In order to receive the newsletter, a valid e-mail address is required, which will be sent to Mailchimp together with your salutation, first name and surname as well as your IP address. In addition, newsletters are used to record, whether a newsletter has been opened and which links have been clicked in it. These data allow us to check the quality and improvements of our newsletter.
For more information about privacy at MailChimp, please visit the following link: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We use the Google Analytics service with an IP anonymization function to evaluate visitor numbers on our website. In this case, your IP address is shortened by Google and thereby anonymized, so that no inference to a visitor is possible. The underlying records of your visit to our website will be automatically deleted after 26 months.
You can prevent the recording of this data by installing a browser add-on on the following website and thus rejecting future processing: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
We use the online service Workable to manage our hiring and application process. In order to receive applications, personal data and any information needed for the job application are routed through Workable. For more information about the privacy at Workable, please visit below link.
Distalmotion may wish to provide you with educational materials or other information about our products and services, as well as information about clinical trials or the products and services of others that might be of interest to you, based on the information you have shared with us and that we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of Distalmotion websites, social media and blogs.
We will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the use of your personal information for the purposes of such communications, in accordance with applicable laws.
If at any time you decide not to receive any educational, commercial or promotional information related to our products and services or regarding the products service providers, please email us at the contact details listed below and mention “OPT-OUT” in the subject of your email. Alternatively, you may use the opt-out procedure provided in any relevant message you receive from us.
Please note that if you opt not to receive promotional messages from us, we may still continue to send you relevant information for other lawful purposes, such as to administer any account you may have with us, to respond to your requests, to execute agreements with you, or to provide you with information that Distalmotion is required by law to provide, e.g. regarding product recalls.
Distalmotion will not share your personal information collected from this website with a third-party except as described in this Privacy Statement.
In the ordinary course of business, we may share some personal information with third party companies that we hire to perform services or functions on our behalf.
For example, we may:
– use a service provider to administer certain newsletter or informational mailings that you have signed up for, and provide access to your email address for this purpose.
– use a third-party application or platform to allow us to manage and keep track of our communications with you.
In all cases we will not share more information than is necessary, and we will not authorize any third parties to keep, disclose or use your information except to provide the requested services in line with the purposes set out above.
Please note that subject to applicable laws, we may disclose your personal information if we believe we are required to do so to comply with any law, regulation, court order, legal or government request. In the unlikely event that all or part of our business is acquired by a third party, your information may be transferred to the new corporate owner insofar as relevant to the business in question and subject to appropriate safeguards being in place.
In addition, we may use and disclose your personal information to third parties if necessary to:
– enforce this Privacy Statement and the other rules about your use of this website
– protect our rights or property
– protect someone’s health, safety or welfare
– comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process
– investigate or take action in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
In addition, please keep in mind that certain areas of our website may be interactive in nature, and allow you to post information that other users can see. If you do not wish to have information viewed publicly, please do not use those sections of the website.
In certain cases Distalmotion may transmit personal information collected on this website to third party service providers in other countries, but only in furtherance of the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. In cases where personal information is transmitted from Europe to other countries we will ensure that safeguards equivalent to those provided by applicable data protection laws are in place.
We will only keep your personal information for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we are allowed to use them, as set out in this Privacy Statement. For example, if you tell us that you no longer wish to receive a newsletter from us, we will immediately delete your email address from our mailing list. In case you participate in a program via our website we will delete the personal information provided as part of that program within a reasonable time after its completion (e.g. six months after completion will normally be considered reasonable unless we have lawful grounds to retain some of the information for longer (e.g. if necessary for validation or to comply with recordkeeping obligations)).
This Privacy Statement was last revised on Sept 25, 2018. We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you visit the website.
This website may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to other websites. Therefore, whenever you leave this website we recommend that you review the privacy practices that apply to information you provide on other websites. We provide the links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others. Neither are we are responsible for websites operated by third parties or your business dealings with them.
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 16 without the consent of someone holding parental responsibility. If you think that we have otherwise collected personal information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us.
Security is very important to us. We also understand that security is important to you. We use industry standard measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However no website or email transmission is 100% secure and we encourage you to therefore take special care in deciding what information you send or request via email, and take appropriate precautions such as keeping any usernames and passwords you use confidential.
At any time, you may exercise your right to access, rectify and, as the case may be, erase, any personal information relating to you, or restrict the processing of your personal information, in compliance with applicable laws.
You also have the right at any time to object, based on your particular situation, to any use or processing of your personal information which we have based on our legitimate interests.
In case we are processing your personal information in an automated manner as part of a service to you or based on your consent then you also have the right to request a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (known as the right to “data portability”).
Such requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Distalmotion SA, Route de la Corniche 3B, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland. Please note that we may ask you to provide proof of identity (such as a copy of your ID card or passport) before we can comply with your request.
If we have based our collection or use of your personal information on your consent then you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in the same way as it was given, or by sending a request in the above manner.
You may also at any time, free of charge and without having to provide any justification, opt-out of any direct marketing campaigns and request to no longer receive any promotional material as described above.
In case you are not satisfied with our handling of your request you may contact the competent Data Protection Authority.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us through our website or via our contact:
Route de la Corniche 3B,
1066 Epalinges, Switzerland